We encourage you to take time and carefully read the sections below.
Who we are?
We are Lytham Ex-Service and Social Club Ltd, whose registered office is 1 Chapel Street Lytham FY8 5ND.We are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 as a Co-operative Society. Our registration number is 4103.
For the purpose of the Data Protection legislation, we are the Data Controller of your personal data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use your information.
Data Protection Officer (“DPO”)
Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified. We will not process any personal information about you that we do not actually need in order to provide our services to you.
What personal information we collect?
The types of personal information we collect include:
- personal details, such as title and your full name;
- contact details, such as email address, mobile number, landline phone number and alternative phone number;
- year of birth to indicate membership type or to comply with “over 25” policies.
- home address, including house name/number, postcode, street name, town and county;
- records of your communication with us, such as call recordings, emails, text messages, survey comments, complaints regarding the Club operations, made in any form, including complaints made orally, by email, letter and/or by online contact form submissions;
- member information, such as membership start date, any lapses in membership years
- dates and times your FOB was used to enter the club using the secure door entry system;
What are our legal grounds and purposes for collecting your personal information?
- to fulfil our contractual and regulatory obligations in respect of running a private members Club.
- to improve the quality of our service, to help us deal with queries or complaints from you.
- so that we can appropriately and effectively manage our relationship with you. We may also have to keep such records to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations;
We have your consent or explicit consent:
- to send you electronic communications to keep you informed of the running of our Club
If you do not provide the personal information that we request or if you object to your data being processed, then we will not be able to provide you with electronic communications.
Disclosing and sharing your information
We will only disclose/share information about you in the following circumstances:
- it has been authorised by you;
- it is with regulatory bodies, including the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”)
- it is required by law;
- In the unfortunate event that you have to make a claim against the Club, then we will need to disclose information to any other party involved in that claim, and the Club insurers.
Data sharing and transfers
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails or webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of information that is beyond our control.
Under the Data Protection legislation, you have a number of rights relating to the information we hold about you. This includes the right to:
- ask for a free copy of any personal data we hold about you;
- ask for correction of any inaccurate information held about you;
- object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing;
- withdraw any permission you have previously given to us to process your personal data except where this is critical to us fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations;
- ask for your personal data to be deleted from our system/database. Please note that there are times when we will not be able to delete your data. This may be as a result of us fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations, or where there is a minimum statutory period of time for which we have to keep your information. If we are unable to fulfil a request, we will always let you know our reasons;
- request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data, we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions (for example, processing is required by law or to prevent crime);
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are not satisfied with our use of your data
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection legislation, please direct your enquiry to the Data Protection Officer, Lytham Ex-Service and Social Club Ltd1 Chapel Street, Lytham FY8 5RN; email secretary @lythamexservice.co.uk
Your data is considered to be an important asset to us, and as such, we make reasonable effort to ensure the necessary measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or inappropriate access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction.
Other measures we take to keep your data secure include, but are not limited to:
- making regular backups of files;
- protecting file servers and workstations with virus scanning software;
- using a system of passwords so that access to data is restricted;
- allowing only authorised staff into certain computer areas;
- ensuring that staff are only given sufficient rights to any systems to enable them to perform their job function.
Retaining your information
We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary to provide our products and services to you and/or to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.